- 700g beef, diced into 2cm pieces
- 3 small or 2 large zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped roughly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon (finely grated rind and juice)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Best beef cuts for cooking on skewers:
fillet, rib eye/scotch fillet, sirloin, rump, round, topside and blade.
- Cut the beef into 2cm cubes. Thread the beef and zucchini ribbons alternatively onto 8 skewers with 4 pieces of beef on each skewer.
- Combine the capers, garlic, rind, juice, rosemary and oil. Brusk this mixture over the beef kebabs. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes if possible.
- Preheat a large frying pan or barbecue until moderately hot. Cook the beef skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove the beef skewers from the heat, cover loosely with foil to rest for 3 minutes before servicing.